- Hillwood Manor
- Silver Spring, MD, USA
- Full Time
401K, PTO, Life, Health, and Dental Insurance
POSITION SUMMARY: The Community/Property Manager is directly responsible for all aspects of the resident community and services. S/he is responsible for supervision of all team members associated with the project and their standard of performance. Manages property to ensure efficient and profitable operation.
The essential functions of the Community Manager are as follows:
- Provides leadership at the property and maintains an effective position of authority. Assures that the environment of the property reflects the philosophy of the company. Models Mission and Foundations.
- Projects a professional image in all aspects of work performance, which includes, but is not limited to personal habits, demeanor, and attire. Meets company standards on conduct, attendance, etc.
- Provides high level of customer service.
- Demonstrates good communication skills and helps ensure communication with residents, community, agencies, owners and team members. Provides high level of customer service.
- Assigns responsibilities to individual team members as appropriate.
- Is on-call 24-hours a day. Is able to respond to any team member concern, maintenance condition, resident problem, breach of security, and/or emergency.
- Completes and processes incident reports, forwards and follow-ups as appropriate. Adheres to OSHA related regulations and observes all required health and safety requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates all aspects of the property's operations and makes changes with approval of Regional Manager.
- Implements a system to achieve and maintain budgeted occupancy.
- Markets and leases new and turnover residential units.
- Reviews lease, responsibilities and policies with resident at move-in, escort them to new home, when possible.
- Enables and maintains financial solvency by monitoring all property and maintenance expenses.
- Implements a system to achieve 0% rent delinquency.
- Supervises and monitors adherence of all maintenance contracts.
- Implements system for providing all necessary services to residents, including the immediate acknowledgement and prompt action to correct complaints.
- Creates and supervises the schedules of all personnel to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Re-certifies resident income in strict adherence to agency regulations, where applicable.
- Conducts periodic and regular inspection of grounds and building(s).
- Assesses and completes employee's performance appraisal at least once per year. Recognizes team members when performance has met or exceeded company expectations; manages poor performing team members with clear expectations. Challenges all team members to achieve higher levels of performance by establishing and communicating clear goals.
- Within budget, continuously oversees inventory of supplies and equipment in order to control expenditures, maintains and reconciles purchase orders and expenditures.
- Makes day-to-day decisions on all matters related to operations.
- Seeks approval and guidance of Regional Manager within specified parameters.
- Creates and/or schedules continuous activities and programs with and for community residents, including special events, newsletters and on-going instructional and recreational activities.
- Initiates and responds to all pertinent correspondence.
- Maintains a secured confidential file for each employee including emergency contact information, performance appraisals, reminders, schedules, application, etc.
- Provides information to residents on a variety of community related subjects. Refers residents as necessary to other appropriate services and agencies which might be able to offer assistance.
- With Regional Manager, prepares Property Annual Operating Budget.
- Prepares and reviews monthly operating statements for accuracy, budgets to actual variances and bottom line cash flow control.
- Produces reports and monthly financials in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Prepares and submits subsidy vouchers, where applicable.
- Perform duties as necessary.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!