The Humphrey Management internship is a paid 12 week program designed to offer students experience who are passionate about pursuing a career in property management. Interns will learn about the day-to-day business functions in property management related to marketing, accounting, operations, and compliance. The intern will interact with all levels of management and participates in the Company's Mission and Foundations to promote company ambassadorship.
The essential functions of the Intern are as follows:
- Projects a professional image in all aspects of work performance, which includes, but is not limited to personal habits, demeanor, and attire. Meets company standards on conduct, attendance, etc. Models Guiding Principles.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with prospects, residents and team members through personal and telephone contact.
- Assists in leasing apartments, maintaining list of available apartments, responding to telephone inquiries, showing apartments, and assisting with move in paperwork.
- Participates in follow-up telephone calls with prospective residents the same day.
- Obtains knowledge to comply with all Fair Housing regulations and other laws as they relate to property specific guidelines and occupancy standards.
- Assists the Director of Marketing with proofreading and updating website content.
- Conducts market surveys to support marketing campaigns and advertising efforts.
- Assists in planning and preparation of resident functions.
- Participates in walking the property for curb appeal and overall property appearance.
- Assists the Director of Accounting and Director of Compliance with special projects.
- Completes Grace Hill courses in Fair Housing, Sexual Harassment, Leasing, and Marketing.
- Shadows Service Team Members.
- Attends in-house compliance, property management software, or industry related training.
- Spends time at both Affordable and Senior communities.
- Keeps portfolio of work accomplished during internship.
- Participates in bi-weekly progress meetings with Human Resources
The intern is expected to:
- Be professional at all times through quality of work, punctuality, attendance, and attitude.
- Be dependable, make good judgment, and organized.
- Display the initiative and ability to learn knowledge of the field.
- Maintain a good working relationship with peers and demonstrate leadership qualities.
Education & Experience Requirements
Enrolled in a 4 year accredited Degree Program. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Pleasant phone manner, great follow up skills, and detail oriented.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!